Thursday 14 August 2008

Z checks back

25th July, 9 stone 11. Yesterday, 13th August, 9 stone 9 3/4. Considering how much I've eaten out and not fussed about the amount I ate, I'm vastly pleased with that. I'm even more pleased that, having said on the 14th July that I hoped to lose another 6 lbs by the start of November, I've already lost nearly 4 of them. Now things are going well I'm even more determined, and yet also more relaxed. I know that I can get away with eating something fattening, as long as I don't do it too often. But generally speaking, if I haven't got anything in the fridge that I choose to eat, then rather than eat a hunk of cheese or a piece of pie, I'll chomp on a carrot and not bother with the fatty stuff. I make sure that I eat enough and that most of what I have is nutritious, but that's the sort of food I prefer anyway, so it's no hardship.

it's still cheese that I miss most though. Sharp, tangy, salty foods, like olives, too. I have spicy food instead, with chillies, but it's not the same. I can ignore the cheddar most of the time, but I don't risk buying strong blue cheese like Stilton or Roquefort. I wonder if gherkins would fill the hole left by olives? I'll have to try.

No comments: