Monday 4 August 2008

Two weeks.

It's been two weeks since my last beer, and I feel pretty good, though the number is weighing on my mind a bit. Two weeks! I can't remember the last time I went two weeks without any alcohol at all!

As for thinking I had lost half a kilo – aka one pound – it's more like a kilo, but I'll confirm that or otherwise at the gym later. Was due to go early this morning, but sleep was more attractive as I hurt my ankle playing tennis in stupidly unsuitable trainers on Thursday. Since then I have only managed a quick half-hour in the gym, as my foot's been a bit sore. Been resting it, see, and this has also put off my running debut.

Been eating a lot of cheese – a rare thing for me, and actually a sign that my body's craving lardy stuff, which is a very good sign. Does that make any sense? As soon as my body shifts any weight at all, I start to crave things that will put it back, even if I'm not aware I've lost any weight. So I bought a bit of brie. Well, two bits. One, I ate with oat cakes a few days ago, and the other I put on sandwiches with cranberry sauce kinda stuff for our picnic yesterday which we took to the West Midlands Safari Park.

I didn't even eat all of my sandwiches. Ooooh, something virtuous is going on… And where we would have got back and had beer before, we had a small pot of tea each instead... Yay us.

Need more exercise though, so going to the gym late afternoon today, as the rest of the day will be taken up with working very hard indeed.

No comments: