Wednesday 20 August 2008

I'm the second mouse.

Well, woke up this morning feeling pretty dandy, as today is my first day off antibiotics, which can only be a good thing.

Means I can exercise again, which is great. Probably not today though, as for all my dandiness, I am a bit tired. And tomorrow, I'm off to a meeting at lunchtime in Stroud, then back here for wifeliness, and then off out for a friend's birthday in the evening. Then Friday, I'm off to London for another bloody meeting (and posh lunch), and back in the evening. Gah. If my hamstrings don't hurt after that (from lack of use and being scrunched up on a train) it will be a miracle.

In other news, this morning when I put my belt on, it didn't feel right at all. Turns out I had to tighten it to another hole down, son that makes two down from my original hole. I believe that is progress, folks – and it also means I must dig out those old jeans I dared not throw away, because I knew I'd fit in them again... More on that later, if the news is good. If it's not, I'll simply hide it.

Trophy Wife tells me the jeans I'm wearing look like bloody jodhpurs at the moment, so some investment in ones that fit might be a good idea. But not before a couple of weeks of really good quality exercise. Yay!

PS: Post title comes from my favourite saying: 'The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese'.

1 comment:

Z said...

Or as Saki, slightly inaccurately I think, put it 'It's the early Christian that gets the fattest lion'.