Thursday 22 November 2007

Full of beans

Ooh, things got worse the next day. I only had time for a mean excuse for a slice of toast for breakfast - no really, it was a tiny loaf, thin sliced, toasted to total dryness and so eaten. By 11.30, I had a headache, but I didn't arrive home until 1.30, so in the meantime chewed sugarless gum in the hope of tricking my brain. I opened a can of mixed beans, added a chilli, a small red onion, a tomato, a couple of cooked beetroot, a stick of celery, a chunk of cucumber - all chopped - the juice of a lime and a dash of balsamic vinegar. I spooned half of it into a bowl and started to eat. Three mouthfuls later, nose and eyes streaming, I added a couple of spoons of yoghurt, and ate the rest.

At 4.30, I finished the rest. A whole can of beans had an effect even on my digestive system the next day. I didn't, of course, go as far as entailing a visit to the bog.

I never thought that this would turn into a bowel blog.

I cycled in the dark today, all the way home from the high school. I felt brave and foolhardy. It demonstrates that I have lived too sheltered a life.

No comments: