Tuesday 5 February 2008

Twice, you say?

Well, I finally made it to the gym again on Sunday, and had a lovely workout. I also like the scales there very much, as they say I'm 16st 2lbs, which is great. I have no idea what I really weigh, of course. But I like those scales best, and the bloke that weighed himself after me swore they were fine.

I also went to the gym this morning, and got in 19 minutes of running, which was in two chunks... And a very intense 12 minutes on a cross trainer, plus some core strength work, weights, rowing, all kinds of crap. It was good. I also discovered the wicking technical top I was wearing couldn't cope with the volume of sweat I was producing, so fuck you, Nike!

In short, the exercise is going fabulously, and I feel great. No idea if I'll be able to do a marathon, but I'll give it a good go.

Food is also going well – last night's tea, cooked by me, was haddock cooked in foil with some lemon and spring onions, and steamed rice with spinach. It wasn't great, but it wasn't bad at all. And it felt suitably healthy.

I think tonight holds pasta in store.

No comments: