Wednesday 8 August 2012

Z weighs in

Actually, this is a bit me, me, me, isn't it?  Still, that's its purpose I suppose.  I weighed myself and I haven't lost any more weight even though I've lost an inch from my hips.  That's all right, shows it's getting established.

I'm really not eating all that much, so I have to be particularly careful that what I do eat is very good.  That is, both good for me and delicious - delicious in particular.  My preference has always been mostly for healthy food anyway so that's no problem.  I do need to be sure I eat enough calcium because I don't have milk in tea or coffee, nor do I eat cereal.

At the moment, I'm eating a lot of fruit because fruit is so gorgeous at this time of the year.  I was slightly downed by seeing English plums at Tim's shop yesterday because plums mean autumn, but I bought them anyway, as well as nectarines, apricots, peaches, greengages and a melon.  The melon isn't quite ripe so I haven't started it yet, but I've rather overindulged in the rest.  Today, a couple of dessertspoonsful of plain yoghurt for breakfast with fruit.  For lunch, a slice of ham, some tomato and cucumber, 6 black olives and half a slice of lightly buttered bread, and fruit.  Later the Sage and I shared a slice of chocolate cake, then two chipolatas and some french beans for dinner.  I cooked potatoes but I didn't eat any myself.  I like early potatoes and I like them when cooked interestingly, but plain boiled potatoes are quite dull and just there as a filler as far as I'm concerned, so I left them.  Oh, I had a few more olives, three or four, with a glass of wine before dinner.

Tomorrow I'm out for dinner with friends, a regular monthly thing. We have two courses, so I'll either have a starter and a pudding or eat part of the main course and not all.  Unless it's a fruit-based dessert, I won't eat it all.  

No comments: