Saturday 11 August 2012

Resistance is not in the least futile

Thinking about it, I'm eating a lot less bread than I usually do.  It's not that I normally eat so much of it, but it's a convenient thing to eat when one feels peckish and doesn't want to give in to the temptation to eat sweet things, and it's very easy for that to happen, particularly if it's been a long time since the last meal and blood sugar levels are low - not that one needs sugar of course, but that sometimes a quick boost is craved.  But anyway, I'm just resisting temptation.  On the whole, bread is not delicious enough to bother with eating for its own sake.  I love good bread actually, but there's little enough of that about - it's when I go abroad that I'm reminded of what bread should be.

So today's lunch was more protein than I've had recently - a slice of ham and a couple of leftover chipolatas, a few olives, some cucumber and tomato and a nectarine.  A little yoghurt and some fruit for breakfast.  And I could eat more, easily, but I won't.  And now I'm going out, so there will be no temptation.  

No comments: