Sunday 23 March 2008

Thoughts.

I remembered something recently. Two things, that people have said to me in the last few months. One was at an exhibition. An editor of another magazine said hi as I was grabbing a very quick bite on a stand; it's very hard, nay impossible, to eat well at these things. You eat what you can, when you can, and always try and have breakfast.

Anyway, I was eating some kind of wurst, I think. I had some desserty thing with me too. He looked at me and he said: "Live for today, eh?" He's in incredible shape – and he dresses perfectly too, so you wouldn't know it. I've seen his forearms though, and he's a pretty serious weightlifter if they're anything to go by. Once I had clocked them, I reassessed the rest of him and realised that he's fucking built. And that's how well he dressed – you just wouldn't know it.

The other thing was said to me at a funeral thingy. Like a wake, but no-one called it that. I was tucking into some tasty cocktail sausages, and a friend's boyfriend, who was doing the same thing but less so, said: "It's that attitude that's made you into the man you are today."

I've had both of those things on my mind recently. I think that's what's got me into the idea of eating less but more often again – I'm happier that way. Always make sure there are carrots in the house, always make sure there are no crisps… and change your habits. I re-try my gymming again next week, with SLW's help. I've been lazy, and I've done myself no favours; things have to change, and now.

No comments: