Wednesday 17 September 2008

Another notch

Not on the bedpost, those days are thankfully gone. My bedpost-notching knife actually went rusty in my 20s, that's how much action I saw. Wow, too much information so soon. I rule.

It appears I'm another notch down on my jeans belt, which is good. Okay, it's not totally comfortable, but I did it up to there by accident – ie without thinking about it – this morning. I think that's mostly a good thing.

Been exercising a fair bit and despite the running and everything going well, I'm not getting up early and running, which is what I really want to do. For some reason my sleep at night is broken and when that happens, getting up early is impossible. No idea why.

Or it might be that the weather's been really wet and my motivation isn't above getting wet. Which is also weird, as I used to love running in the rain. Last week I went out and did a couple of miles in pouring, early morning rain and by the time I got home I was absolutely soaked. Since then I've done all my running and exercise on the treadmill, which I absolutely do not enjoy.

I'll figure it out. In short, the exercise thing is going well, my weight is just a few kilos less than it was, but I feel great. Played indoor football on Friday and knackered my thumb (I was in goal, resting kind of because I had just taken a ball flush in the plums. Next ball I went to save, I bruised my thumb horribly. Gah. Still, it took my mind off my testicles), which means I can't do any weights really, or any exercise involving my hands, so I cried off Trophy Wife's 11-mile hilly, partly off-road bike ride at the weekend, and I'm glad I did.

I'm rambling. In short, it's all good, dawg.

No comments: