Monday 16 February 2009

I went to see a herbalist...

A real one, not a drug dealer. I went to her on Trophy Wife's advice, as some things seemed to be giving me an upset stomach, and I wondered if she might be able to help me with some skin problems.

So anyway, according to her tests, I need to stop eating, which should increase my weight loss considerably.

Actually, what her tests showed were some things I strongly suspected - that my body has a problem with iron-rich leaves, and tomatoes, for example. After our chat, I'm off wheat and anything with yeast in for a week, and then we see how it goes.

On the plus side, I feel pretty good. On the bad side, she also advised no starch for breakfast, and as toast with Marmite is already out, that also rules out cereal. I've had six eggs the last couple of days, so I'm trying to ease off those a bit... What does that leave? Crisps?

Other meals are fine. Though I've been advised off quinoa too. Pasta, apparently, is fine though. Durum wheat is not part of the problem, I am told, as long as I have it in moderation.

It also means, interestingly, that I will make Stepdaughter and TW's dinner, and make my own separately. This is a good thing, as I can eat a bit later, for example, after going to the gym in the evening. They are both used to eating pretty early, which I've struggled with a bit, so this could work quite well, and mean I get some exercise in. I don't like exercising after food, y'see, so this is ideal; exercise after work, until, say, 7pm, then return, wash, and eat. Job done.

I weighed myself yesterday as I'm curious as to what this will do by the end of my seven days, particularly without bread. I weighed 102.5 kilos yesterday, and I must admit, I feel pretty damn good.

Oooh, I could have raw carrots for breakfast, maybe.

3 comments:

Z said...

When I'm wanting to lower my starch intake, I have fruit and plain yoghurt for breakfast. But I don't see why you couldn't have a boiled egg as well. A boiled or poached egg seems more satisfying than scrambled. I mean, who would eat a single scrambled egg?

badgerdaddy said...

Erm... I'm 'fraid I've been having three eggs for breakfast.

I bloody love 'em. And that sorts me out until 11:30ish, when it's time for some variety of fruit. Today it was lychees!

Actually, today I had lychees for brekkie, too. Worked for me. Not an exercising day today, though.

Z said...

Oh yes, I realised that (six eggs the last couple of days, I did the math) - I was meaning that if you had something else too you might need fewer eggs, also that having to remove the shells and spoon out the egginess might mean you cut down if you think you're eating too many. But then, an egg is about 90 calories, isn't it? 270 is hardly a vast meal. And fruit later - sounds perfect. You're on the right lines, surely.