Thursday 20 March 2014

Cake Week

It's been a while, but there's not a lot to say.  I'm still about the same size, still quite happy about it and rarely weigh myself.  I eat what I want, but I don't overeat and I opt not to eat biscuits and suchlike regularly.

When I went to stay with my sister for a fortnight recently, I took a box of mini-bars of Green & Black's chocolate with me.  There were twelve bars in all, each weighing 15g, which is about half an ounce.  This sounds very little, but it's ok.  25g would probably be more satisfying, but this is enough.

For the first couple of nights, I ate a bar every evening and then I started to forget.  Tired, I decided to take a cup of coffee and some chocolate to have in the bath.  It wasn't until I was in bed that I remembered the chocolate and, next day, I found I hadn't even taken it to the bathroom but left it on the table.  I came home with several bars, one of which I've eaten (and my husband has eaten most of the rest, though there are a couple left).

This last week, I ate cake every day.  I was tired and stressed and in need of cosseting and - I had quite a lot of cake.  I only had a small slice every day - though I might have had two slices, once or twice, and by this week it had to stop.  It couldn't on Monday, because Hadrian and I made cakes and not eating them would have been quite out of the question, but on Tuesday I just looked at them longingly. By yesterday, I didn't particularly want them any more.

I did weigh myself before I started Cake Week, however.  If I'd put on weight, I'd have kept well away from temptation.  

No comments: