Thursday 7 May 2009

Z eats chocolate

It was a matter of good manners. I went to a meeting in London with a friend. And what a twit I am, I saw the ticket was 8 o'clock and arrived at the station in good time, not remembering until I was actually on the platform that the 8 o'clock from Norwich gets to Diss at 8 sodding 17.

Anyoldhoo, I had a salmon and cucumber sandwich and a packet of crisps and a bottle of water from M&S for lunch (indeed, the crisps were not strictly necessary, what's your point?) - oh, I've reinstated the half cupful of milk with the morning porridge, it makes all the difference between okay and horrible - and then on the train home A produced a bar of Wholenut Chocolate. "Half each" she said cheerily. It was 3 quite big squares. Okay, another day without losing fucking weight, what's your problem?

Huh. Sorry. Not you, it's me. In the evening, I went too long without food and then I drank wine and I'm still irritable.

Today, 1/2 cup porridge, 1/2 cup milk, water. M&S salmon & cucumber sandwich, pack of salt and pepper crisps. 1/2 small bar chocolate. 1 mint sweet. 1 pear, 2 sausages. Asparagus. 2 slices toast. Small of dish of leftover Bolognese sauce. Better part of half a bottle of red wine. 1 banana.

Can't be arsed to work out calories. Don't give a fuck. I'm in one of my moods. Of course, if you were here, I'd be charming. You'd never know.

Oh, BTW, a charming chap got up and gave me his seat on the Tube. Jesus, I'm fucking old. Oh dear. I thanked him and took it,of course. How kind. How humiliating. But really, how kind.

I think I need cheering up.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I almost decided to de-lurk this morning in order to suggest you add some milk into your daily diet Z, particularly as you are having problems with your hip as you will need the calcium, unless, of course you are taking calcium supplements?

Z said...

I eat yoghurt, since I don't take milk in tea or coffee, or anywhere much. I'd rather ingest calcium in cheese, but I'm denying myself cheese at present.

When I started the diet, I did consider my calcium intake and I think I have a good diet on the whole in that regard. I have also talked about bone density with the doctor, particularly in regard to my mother having dropped several inches in height.

badgerdaddy said...

Don't forget how calcium-rich all hat lovely spinach you grow is, too.

oooh, we have a lurker!

Z said...

Yes, I eat a lot of veg. And I didn't welcome our newcoming lurker, did I? Welcome, Anon.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the welcome, I've been reading your blogs for a long time, it's so funny to actually "talk" to you! Glad you have the calcium thing under control, I got quite concerned for you just before I fell asleep last nightand felt I had to have a word!!

Z said...

When I started reading blogs it took me ages to pluck up courage to leave a comment. Everyone seemed so confident and to know each other and I felt it would be an intrusion. Then someone mentioned how much they liked receiving comments, so I started to write them regularly.