Tuesday 24 July 2012

Nearly 130, but not quite

I weighed myself this morning.  9 stone 3 pounds.  My initial aim is to be below 9 stone, so this is well on the way.

I managed it by a week of hardly eating, however, which isn't really a sensible way ahead, and wasn't planned.  It was a bit of a worry thing.  I didn't drink much, even.

In my younger (but fully adult) days, my lowest weight was 7 1/2 stone.  I didn't diet down to that, I was breastfeeding Al.  I always lost a lot of weight when feeding my babies, I ate like a horse and couldn't keep the weight on, but got thinnest of all with Al.  I've looked up my BMI and 7 1/2 stone is the lowest weight categorised as 'normal' - under that would be underweight.  Sad to say, it's the only time in my adult life that I actually felt slender - that is, I've got a pretty healthy body image now and I've never been one for self-loathing or anything like that, but I always felt fat.  I don't now, actually, despite rather a lot of wobbly bits.

My normal fit weight was about 8 stone 4 lbs and as long as I was under 8 1/2, I reckoned that was okay, if not slim.  It would be on the thin side now, I think that a few extra pounds are not a bad thing - they help to hide the wrinkles a bit for one thing when you're my age and the subcutaneous fat diminishes.  But 120 lbs is a nice round number.  8 stone anything will suit me just fine though.  No timescale, I'm not setting myself up for failure.

Though it's just occurred to me, I weigh 131 lbs.  So it seems I have my first target right in front of me.  One more pound.  

No comments: