Tuesday 17 January 2023

It's all about gut diversity and stuff like that

 Starting again didn't happen after all.  I was doing reasonably well in 2019, even though I wasn't writing here about it, but then lockdown happened and cycling didn't.  The local independent shops were doing online orders, so you did your food order and then picked it up when it was ready.  Since it was packed in boxes at the greengrocer and their own bags at the deli and whole food shop, there wasn't really an opportunity to put it in bike panniers.  So I drove in.  And then the next year, when things might have got back to normal, Tim wasn't very well and then he died.  Life is sad and dismal, but that's for another blog if I wanted to write about it.

What I have done is sign up for the Zoe personalised nutrition plan.  This is the brainchild of T1m Sp ec tor, whose Zoe app was used by millions of us in the UK to report on our health during Covid lockdown and beyond.  That is still going, but he's now very interested in the effect of what each of us eats and how it affects us individually.  Even identical twins might have completely different gut biomes and that affects our weight and our health.  

There's a waiting list for the programme, but I finally came to the top of it.  It's expensive, but I've stumped up and hope that it'll be useful.  I've set my starting date as Sunday, so will report back as it progresses.  I have to wear a monitor, eat (for the first day) disgusting sounding muffins, test my blood and gather poo samples.  Seriously, it had jolly well better be worth it.

No comments: