Wednesday 25 July 2012

Z waists away

And so today, I measured myself.  And I see where those pounds have gone from - my waist.  So that's good.

I did so because my skirt keeps swivelling round so I thought a bit might have gone, and it so happens that I measured my waist only about a fortnight ago.  Then, it was an okay but slightly depressing 29".

I think that's considered pretty normal nowadays, but when I was young, it was 24" that was the norm, and that was more or less what I had.  In those days, I had a smaller bust - probably I varied from 33"-34", 24" waist, hips 35" to 38" depending on my weight at the time.

So today ... 36" up top, 27.5" waist,  38" hips.  Which is in proportion, anyway.  Can I keep the top and lose a bit more down below?  Hmmm.

Of course, my shape is nothing like it used to be.  Generous love handles, for a start (when waistlines all sit firmly on the waist so it's all contained within cloth, no one will be happier) and an alarming amount of flab.  And shall we not mention upper arms?

The diet continues, darlings.  But it includes cheese and chocolate.

No comments: